Project and Training Support Officer
Viatores Christ (VC) is a Dublin-based development organisation working within the faith-based international development sector. VC works with over 30 partners across a wider range of sectors in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. VC addresses needs through development interventions through the recruitment, training and placement of skilled personnel. In 2017 over 158,000 individuals directly benefited from the work of VC across partners in the areas of agriculture, community development, education, environment, health, human rights, income generation and microfinance. VC is funded by Irish Aid through its intermediary organisation Misean Cara and by small grants and private donations.
In order to realise its key strategic objectives in line with its 2019-2023 Strategic Plan, VC now seeks a suitably qualified person to join the team and take on the a key role within the organisation as Project and Training Support Officer
Based at VC HQ in Dublin 7 and with overall reporting responsibility to the projects manager the successful candidate will support the VC management team in three key areas;
- Project development support
- Coordination of the VC Venture Training programme for volunteer development workers
- Recruitment areas, including volunteer personal support
The Project and Training Support Officer will act as a support in the area of programme co-ordination for VC’s international projects both in terms of volunteer training and project development and support for volunteers in the field both personal and technical.
In terms of project development support the role is to work closely with the projects manager in areas around securing and management of financial support for VC partner projects. This includes project proposal development, due diligence and vetting processes of new partners, monitoring and evaluation and infield technical support of volunteer development workers. He or she will also liaise with VC’s project support officer (who works remotely) and VC’s regional coordinator in Kampala, Uganda. There may also be scope for international travel.
Coordination of Training Workshops
In the area of development training the successful candidate will be required to coordinate and oversee the efficient running of eight weekend workshops per year which are delivered from February to June and September to December each year. These training weekends are currently delivered by external facilitators. For the right candidate, there is an opportunity to grow and develop the training portfolio within VC as this is an area that is constantly evolving in terms of content, delivery and online platforms.
He or she will may also work with the Recruitment Manager on areas such as the provision of personal support for volunteer development workers in the field.
- Based at VC head office with some international travel envisaged
- This is a 4-day per week role (30 hours, 9am-5.30pm with some flexitime)
- Some weekend hours are required and time worked may be taken as time off in lieu.
- €25-€30,000 pro-rata depending on experience
The role will include:
- Development and assessment of project grant proposals
- EU project development and support
- Administration of project contracts and other project documentation
- Input to monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures
- Technical and personal support for Development workers in field
- Coordination of VC’s 8 weekend workshops per year
- Input to the delivery of VC’s Venture training course, including introduction to the online courses, housekeeping arrangements and other such input depending on experience. (VC currently outsource the delivery of its key modules)
- Evaluation of training processes including the dissemination and analysis of feedback forms
- Coordination of and input to VC’s due diligence/new partner approval process
- Flexibility to assist with campaigns in recruitment, marketing, communication and other areas may be required at certain times.
- Attendance at training events, conferences and other functions as necessary
- Familiarise, keep up to date on policies and procedures
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures
- Attendance at fundraising or networking events as required
Skills / Experience
- Strong attention to detail and logical approach
- Grant writing/funding proposals/project cycle management experience
- Experience of reviewing and writing project reports
- Knowledge of training processes preferably with facilitation/teaching competency
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, while also being part of team
- Ability to work a number of weekends in the year offset by time in lieu
- Supportive approach and willingness to engage with VC development workers, partners, and other stakeholders
- Overseas International experience in a development context
- Experience of webinars/Moodle and online training platforms
- EU funding partnerships
- Salesforce or other CRM
- Spanish language
Relevant BA/MA in international development, business or a highly regulated discipline.
Experience or qualification in training and/or facilitation
VC is an inclusive Christian faith-based organisation and we warmly welcome applications, regardless of faith, beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, nationality or ethnicity.
To apply please forward a cover letter as to why you would like to be considered for the job along with an up to date CV which highlights relevant experience in relation to this role to email@example.com – Closing date 5pm 22nd February 2019.