(Fully flexible working arrangements considered)
Job Description and Person Specification
Job Title: Projects Officer
Reporting to: CEO
Salary: €35,000 prorated
Hours: 37.5 but will consider part-time or job share, 2-3 days per week
Based: Dublin, with flexibility to work from home or hybrid
Contract: Fixed term contract for 12 months, with the potential for extension
Deadline: Submit by 17.00 on Thursday 4th August 2022
Start date: Flexible but ideally as soon as possible
About the role
VC, a small international development and volunteering organisation is seeking an energetic and experienced professional with confidence in project management, donor engagement and M&E reporting to join the team as Projects Officer. We will consider flexible working arrangements for the right candidate (part-time or job share, 2-3 days per week, etc.)
The successful candidate and their job share partner will be jointly responsible for the day to-day coordination of VC’s varied programme of international projects and interventions. This involves the securing and management of financial support for VC projects through ongoing liaison with our donor partner Misean Cara/Irish Aid and ensuring good the production of good quality reports on the project outcomes.
This is a wide-ranging role. As a result, the successful candidate must be able to work independently but also productively as part of a small team, with strong administrative, communication and project management skills to support the delivery of the activities of VC’s partners in Uganda and Haiti. We are looking for someone who is proactive and efficient, with an eye for detail and who has experience working with smaller organisations.
Experience of the international human rights, international development or charity sector is desirable. Experience in donor management/fundraising is essential since the role involves relationship building and submission of funding applications and update reports to present and potential funders.
This position is envisioned to be based remotely and if the person is based in Ireland occasional planning and group meetings at the Dublin office. Working arrangements will be agreed with the successful candidate. International travel for Monitoring and Evaluation will be part of the role.
Viatores Christ (VC) is a Dublin-based development organisation working within faith-based international development. VC works with over 20 partners across a range of sectors and countries. VC addresses needs through development and humanitarian assistance interventions and recruits, trains and places skilled personnel.
The focus of VC’s work is working with partners to help provide access to health, education and livelihoods to local project stakeholders. VC is a Quality Label approved sending organisation under the EU ESC volunteering initiative and our branch office in Uganda is a Quality Label approved hosting organisation.
Key Responsibilities (to be shared between job share partners if required)
Project Management –
• oversight of the project cycle / key dates and deadlines for all projects
• This includes mid-term reports, final reports and proposal deadlines as well as a basic awareness of the progress of implementation in between, specifically any potential risk factors, delays or omissions in project progress and internal oversight (compliance issues re. finance, policies etc.)
Project Document Development and Review –
• Receiving draft documents from the field, carrying out a multi-stage review process to include content questions, identification of inconsistencies, incomplete answers, etc. Editing and improving documents for submission to the donor – narrative, financial, results framework, safeguarding report and supporting documentation.
Mission Development Officer (MDO) / Liaison role –
• Maintain good relations with Misean Cara contacts and keep abreast of all requirements and developments from the donor.
• Process change requests from partners (reallocation of budgeted amounts, changes in project dates etc.) and respond to queries and conditions on their behalf. Liaise between VC, Misean Cara and the projects for all other requests and requirements such as Monitoring & Evaluation, contracts, record maintenance (contacts etc.) and updates
Financial oversight –
• Maintain oversight of wider projects budget and work with the CEO to best maintain / ensure cash flow and balances. When funding comes in set up and process payment schedules for the projects on Salesforce, in partnership with the VC finance administrator. Maintain general oversight of the finance / payment records in Salesforce.
Team management –
• Delegate and prioritise workload within the Projects Team, keeping track of tasks as assigned. Weekly projects team meetings and weekly one-to-ones with members to get updates, maintain oversight and “check-in” (emotional and professional well-being) with the team.
• Run monthly VC Partner Representatives meetings with all reps available (usually East Africa only). Pass on any VC or Misean Cara updates and developments and present / deliver specific training as relevant. Facilitate reciprocal feedback and foster peer learning.
• Perform duties as the safeguarding officer for VC
• Keep abreast of international best practice, maintain and update safeguarding and related policy documents (Do No Harm, PSEAH), maintain and update VC training documents for in-house and partner training, undertake remote safeguarding monitoring of projects if required
Strategic Development –
• Assisting with the development of VC’s research, policy and advocacy strategies in line with VC’s aims and objectives and strategic priorities as set out in the strategic plan
• Assisting with the development and implementation of VC policies and procedures particularly the development and implementation of CHS.
• Assisting with the development and implementation of our fundraising diversification strategy.
Key personal qualities and experience:
• Degree in development, international relations or related field, or equivalent experience
• Fundraising/donor management experience
• Exceptional English language skills – experience preparing written material for varied audiences essential, experience preparing reports / proposals for donors
• Financial management skills including development and management of budgets
• Experience working on multicultural / diverse teams
• Excellent people skills and communications skills – ability to get on with people from diverse backgrounds
• Good team player also able to work on own initiative
• Ability to work with limited or no supervision
• Ability to prioritize own work and manage competing deadlines
• Experience working in the Majority World (long-term placement experience desirable)
• Experience in facilitation, training or capacity building desirable
• Strategic planning
• CV (maximum 2 sides of A4) outlining previous experience; and
• Cover Letter (maximum 500 words) explaining why you applied for this job and how you meet the person specification.
• Please indicate whether you would consider full-time, part-time or job share working arrangements.
Applications sent without a cover letter will not be considered. The names and contact details of two referees will be sought prior to any offer of employment. Please do not include them in your application.
Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “VC Projects Officer Application” and your name in the subject heading.
Please provide all documents as PDF files.
Deadline to apply
Applications must be received by 17.00 on Thursday 4th August 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted remotely