Project Support Officer – International Development (Part-Time)
Job Title: Project Support Officer
Hours: 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
Reports to: Projects Manager/MDO
Works closely with: Senior Management Team
Duration: One year fixed term (renewable) contract
Salary range: € 28,000-€30,000 (pro rata, based on 37.5 hours per week)
Viatores Christi – VC – is a growing Irish-based organisation supporting and working within the faith-based international development sector. The organisation specialises in the recruitment, training and placement of skilled volunteer development workers on projects identified by a mission partner which meets the needs of local beneficiaries.
VC also specialises in the area of proposal writing, monitoring and implementation of projects as well as in the recruitment of experts/consultants for clearly defined projects in developing countries. The organisation is needs-driven focusing on assignments in projects identified by its partners in the field which meet the needs of their beneficiaries.
The purpose of this post is to support the VC Mission Development and Projects Officer in reporting to VC’s main funder, sharing and promoting project impacts, assessing and submitting grant applications, and communicating effectively with partners and other stakeholders. The post holder will also liaise with the VC East Africa office to ensure effective communication.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to gain excellent experience with an international development NGO. VC offers a respectful and empowering working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that aims to make a real impact.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Support Officer will act as a support in the area of programme co-ordination for VC’s international projects. The successful candidate will work alongside the VC Mission Development and Projects Officer – whose role involves the securing and management of financial support for VC partner projects, and ongoing compliance with VC and funder requirements, monitoring and evaluation, and liaison with partners, volunteer development workers, and funders.
The role will include:
- Development and assessment of project grant proposals
- Co-ordination of progress reports from partners and development workers in the field using results based management
- Administration of project contracts
- Development worker support
- Input to monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures
- Child protection and policy reviews
- Input to VC’s due diligence/partner approval process
Additional areas where feasible:
- Assistance with recruitment and marketing areas
- Occasionally staff are required to work outside of normal working hours at fundraising events or meetings.
- The Project Support Officer will have the opportunity to complete the VC Venture ‘Training for Development’ programme at no cost.
- Future opportunity for international travel
- BA/BSc in International Development (or other relevant subject);
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant field/position;
- Excellent proposal/report writing and faultless attention to detail;
- Proven experience in proposal writing and understanding of project budgets;
- Strong IT, communication and problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills with a patient, flexible & responsive disposition;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- MA/MSc in International Development (or other relevant subject);
- Experience in international NGO/donor sector;
- Proven experience in grant and donor contract administration and management;
- Experience of training others.How to apply:
- Interest in faith-based development
How to apply:
To apply for this position, candidates must submit a letter of motivation accompanied by an up to date CV which highlights candidates’ relevant experience and contains a summary of key skills.
Please email your application to Colette Rooney VC Recruitment Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 12thSeptember 2016.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the 24th September 2016 and invited for formal interview.