Vacancy for a Financial Officer/Administrator in Uganda, East Africa for a period of 6 months.
Project Title: Foho Uganda and Muhabura Health Department
Duration: 2 x 3 month assignment
Location, Country: Masaka and Muhabura, Uganda.
Brief Project Description:
The Volunteer will ideally conduct two assignments while in Uganda – similar work but in two separate
organisations in different parts of the country. Both projects will last approx. 3 months. The volunteer
will be expected to provide mentoring and support to existing project personnel in the area of financial
systems and processes. This is a skills transfer role with the Volunteer Development Worker being
responsible to the authority and management of the local team in both locations.
Foundation of Hope, (FOHO) Masaka
FOHO is a community-based organisation located in Masaka about 2.5 hours drive from Kampala. Its
mission is to provide holistic psychosocial, health care, medical and material support to disadvantaged
youth and children living with HIV/AIDs and those experiencing sexual gender-based violence.
In terms of the Job Description FOHO require an individual capable of consolidating all financial
systems and practices into a single manual, facilitating comprehension of the Misean Cara budget, and
providing training to the board regarding their financial oversight duties.
Maternal and Child Health Department Diocese of Muhabura.
Located in the very South of Uganda on the border with Rwanda, VC has been working for the last
number of years with the Anglican Diocese of Muhabura. This specific project has a strong training
component and aims to build Maternal and Child Health (MCH) programme-capacity in a sustainable
way by training local staff in the district.
In terms of the VDW role, the Muhabura diocese currently operates a comprehensive financial system,
complete with manuals, and employs an accountant. VC are seeking a candidate who can support the
Muhabura Managment Team possess the skills and ability to proficiently manage the financial budget
and report accordingly in the financial report while strictly adhering to the Misean Cara guidelines.
Type of Assignment Place: assignment without family.
Description of tasks:
Both projects require a financial systems review – the Volunteer Development Worker will be required to
conduct and support the local finance and administration team. The volunteer Financial Controller/
Administrator will be required to;
• Provide guidance and financial insights to the finance and accounting areas of the project,
proposing and implementing improvements in operational management processes to improve
• General ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, and payroll. (Cash books).
• Financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, in accordance with
generally accepted accounting principles.
• Train the wider team on a system for fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliations,
foreign exchange and allocations.
• timely financial reporting for decision making.
• internal control systems.
• budget and finances in general (planning and budgeting).
• financial procedures manual (review or develop) for the project.
• Relevant degree in Finance, Business Administration or Commerce
• Finance & Accounting experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in mentoring / supervising
• Ability to train others and share knowledge
• Good administration skills
• Ability to work with a wide range of people in a respectful and collaborative manner
• Good understanding of development issues in Uganda
Modest with all facilities
Conditions of Service:
A 6 month assignment (or two x 3 month assignments depending on applicants)
Monthly modest living allowance, insurance, accommodation and flights provided
Volunteer will be requested to attend VC Venture training and undertake online supplementary courses as required
Police Vetting will be required in accorance with VC Safeguarding Policy
For more information or to apply send a CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Start Date: September 2023
Shortlisting will apply
Closing Date: Open: Applications will be accepted and reviewed continuously until position is filled