Viatores Christi (VC) is a Dublin-based development organisation working within faith-based international development. VC works with over 30 partners across a range of sectors and countries. VC addresses needs through development and humanitarian assistance interventions and recruits, trains and places skilled personnel. In 2018, over 158,000 individuals directly benefited from the work of VC across partners in the areas of health, education, human rights, income generation and livelihoods. VC is a partner in a European Solidarity Corps Humanitarian Aid consortium project called Humanitarian Aid for the Needs of Development (HAND) with the following agencies:
- Egitim Programlari ve Evrensel ve Kulturel Aktiviteler Dernegi (EPEKA) – Turkey (lead partner)
- Orissa State Volunteers and Social Workers Association (OSVSWA) – India
- Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) – Bosnia and Herzegovina
ESC Advanced planning visits to India and Uganda- Shane Halpin (VC CEO)
Thinking about Volunteering?
HAND is now recruiting volunteers through the European Solidarity Corps Humanitarian Aid online portal for deployment with
Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
VC Uganda in Kampala, Uganda
Orissa State Volunteers and Social Workers Association (OSVSWA) in Odisha, India
Download Volunteer Profiles
Ideally the ESC volunteers will have one of more of the following skills or qualifications:
– Marketing, PR/Communications degree or other equivalent qualification or experience.
– High degree of IT, Social Media and data literacy skills
– Experience of establishing and maintaining online communication platforms for sharing tools and information.
– Art / design skills or qualification
– Social care or social work qualification
– Experience and/or knowledge of international development, MEAL & WASH
– Teaching or facilitation skills with children, youth and adults
– Fluent English (verbal and written)
– Strong networking and influencing skills
– Experienced with photo and video-editing software
– A creative and strategic thinker
– Ability to work on own initiative, while also being part of team
– An ability to confidently represent the European Solidarity Corps, HAND and VC and effectively convey its key messages.
– Outgoing with an ability to interact with different, diverse groups of people
How to apply
•Please apply directly to the European Solidarity Corps Humanitarian Aid team by registering on the ESC portal
• Once a candidate has registered on the portal and indicated his/her interest for the Humanitarian Aid Volunteering, the online training courses on EU Academy will be accessible via the “Online training” tab in their European Solidarity Corps account. They should select the option “Humanitarian aid training” (not General Online Training).
• Once redirected to the EU Academy platform, these will be the next steps:
o Candidates will first be invited to make a self-assessment and will then be able to go through the online training and try to pass the test.
o Those who pass the test can express their interest for the face-to-face training via a scheduling solution on EU Academy.
o After having completed the face-to-face training, the candidates will become part of the pool of candidates eligible for being selected by Humanitarian Aid Volunteering projects on the European Youth Portal
• Volunteering in Humanitarian aid is open to all young people who:
o registered for the European Solidarity Corps programme,
o indicated in their European Solidarity Corps profile their interest to take part in Humanitarian aid volunteering,
o are not older than 35 years old,
o and reside in an EU Member State or a country associated to the programme (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Republic of North Macedonia, Türkiye).
• Once an assignment has been confirmed, volunteers may then avail of the following:
o 3 month volunteer service agreement
o Funding for flights, insurance, vaccinations.
o Local accommodation and transport provided.
o European Solidarity Corps Personal Development Plan leading to EU Youth Pass