Vacancy for Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: CEO (Dublin)
Location: Remote / WFH (with some on-site attendance)
Contract type: Part-time; permanent
Start Date: March 2023
VC (Viatores Christi) is a development and training organisation (with its HQ in Ireland and a regional office in Kampala, Uganda) working within faith-based international development. VC works with over 20 partners across a range of sectors and countries. VC work in solidarity with its partner organisations, to improve the lives of local people, by improving access to basic services. Annually over 150,000 individuals directly benefit from the work of VC across partners in the areas of health, education, human rights, income generation and livelihoods. The organisation is funded by Irish Aid through its intermediary Misean Cara. VC is also engaged with EU European Solidarity Corps Humanitarian Aid, Erasmus+ projects and Irish Aid Development Education projects. Since 2019 VC has become a remote working organisation with some on site events (monthly), developing new and innovative ways to work with team members and its partners based all over the world.
A vacancy for an Administrative Assistant has arisen within VC. The role requires knowledge and experience of international volunteering, development practice and ideally development education and global citizenship education (GCE).
This remote working role will be multifaceted and will be of interest to candidates with 3-5 years’ experience in similar environments seeking an exciting new challenge in the international development sector. Some international travel will be required. It is envisaged that the role will have three main areas of focus, but will be moulded to
the skillset of the applicant.
The Administrative Assistant will be required to:
– Support and administration of the new VC European Solidarity Corps
Humanitarian Aid Volunteering programme:
- VC, as part of a consortium called HAND is required to recruit, train,
deploy and manage a number of European volunteers on assignments in
Uganda, India and Bosnia Herzegovina
- This aspect of the role will involve international collaboration
-Provide administration across the organisation to support the VC development
programme activities which include development projects in in East Africa and
Haiti as well as development education projects, VC training portfolio
– Engage in communications and dissemination activities as required
– Maintain and update databases as required
– Maintain and oversee organisation calendar
– Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
The responsibilities outlined may be subject to change based on the skills and competencies of the selected candidate.
– As a member of the programmes team contribute in areas of overall direction, policy,
– Attendance at training events, conferences and other functions as necessary
– Familiarise and keep up to date on policies and procedures
– Organisation of and attendance at fundraising or networking events as required
– Relevant experience of international volunteering
– Experience of international development projects and funding proposals
– Experience and/or knowledge of international development
– High degree of IT, Social Media and data literacy skills
– Fluent English (verbal and written)
– Strong networking and influencing skills
– Excellent proofing skills
– EU project experience
– International development project work
– Self-starter with excellent initiative, motivation and drive
– A creative and strategic thinker.
– Strong attention to detail
– Ability to work on own initiative, while also being part of team
– An ability to confidently represent VC and effectively convey its key messages.
– Outgoing with an ability to interact with different groups of people
– Passion to make a difference even with limited resources
Reporting / Relationships Structures
The successful candidate will be based remotely will report initially to the CEO in Dublin. Working as part of the VC team, he or she will also work with the VC Uganda team to ensure that output is in line with agreed strategy and that all aspects outlined above are delivered.
Terms and Conditions
– Starting salary will be €28,000 pro-rata for a 4 day working week.
– Laptop and printer provided
– Pension scheme after one year of service
How to apply
-Please send cover letter and CV, with role title in subject line, edited to highlight relevant experience, to email@example.com
-Closing date for applications is 24th February 2023
At VC we appreciate the value that diversity brings. We strongly believe diversity creates a workforce truly reflective of the society we live in. That’s why we actively welcome applications from people from diverse all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on protected status.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a candidate may be selected before the stated closing date.